To troubleshoot a complex build process I needed time stamps on each line of the Flare build log. It’s not possible today, but MadCap has created a feature request for it…
…and in the meanwhile, I’ve created a tool you can use to generate a log file with time stamps. You can use this tool for any process – it’s not restricted to the madbuild.exe file.
Creating a log file with time stamps
To create a madbuild log file with time stamps, follow these steps
- Create a new .bat file with the following text:
LogProcessToFile.exe “c:\…\madbuild.exe” “-project “”c:\…\flareproject.flprj”” -target “”mytarget.fltar””” “C:\…\logfiledirectory” (NOTE the double quotation marks around tha paths in the second argument)
- Run the .bat file
- Voilà – a log file with time stamps:
- The path to the madbuild.exe file, or any other process.
- The parameters to madbuild.exe, or any other process. You need to use double quotation marks around the paths.
- The folder in which to put the log file.
- Click here to download the LogProcessToFile tool.
Have fun! 🙂